Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's One of Those Years.....



Cute. Really. Makes the dot-com burst feel nostalgic, knowing how it ends.

But the bloodletting is trickling down. There were actually layoffs within trading and technology, much closer than the article suggests.

That said, all is well personally. It's times like these that I'm glad I ended up in plain old interest rates. Stuff that was supposedly "done" 10-20 years ago and many consider "boring".

Must be my laid-back Midwestern style. (Funny, I'd mostly forgotten about that till the reunion last summer.)

So it seems like another 'season' is underway, and it certainly looks like it'll be plenty exciting -- re-orgs, new priorities, the works. Will have to enjoy it while it lasts. Seems the sports analogy is apt: very few go out winning their last game, on their own accord. Thinking back on the people who are out of the industry, mostly it's a tap on the shoulder and the manager asking for the ball. Or spending too much time on the bench and getting the hint.

It ain't a walk through the tulips. But I guess that's a fun part too. Especially seeing how I suck at sports.